September 11, 2011

9/11 Memorial

I was in the sixth grade when it happened.  I was waiting at the bus stop to go to school when I saw my mother coming to pick me up, sheer terror written all over her face.  My young mind struggled to understand what was happening to our country in those moments, although very certain that this would prove to be a monumental point in history.  Here we are ten years later and I am proud to be married to a brave man that  in 2001 was too young to join the military, but is now serving our country in a time of war.  Today is a day to not only remember those we lost in both the attacks and in war, but to come together as a nation in strength and positivity once again.  Today marks the opening of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum where the twin towers once stood.  The memorial is both beautifully designed and extremely meaningful.  We will never forget today, but we have to remember to preserve the unity and perseverance that was brought on by this very day ten years ago.




*Architectural Renderings Via 9/11 Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...